Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Does Tea Tree Oil get rid of cystic acne

I have been trying to find something to help get rid of or at least reduce the size of the cysts I get. Every time a scar fills in, a new one takes its place. It is so frustrating!
I tried Mandelic Acid (25%) and it helped the non cystic acne but didn't really help my cysts. It shrunk them but I got a new one and it did nothing for it.

 My experience with tea tree oil

I have been reading a lot about Tea Tree oil and how it has helped a lot of people get rid of their cysts. I have been trying it and it hasn't done a thing for me. I tried it without diluting it and it was too strong and inflamed my skin (thankfully I spot treated) so then I diluted it by mixing it with some lotion but the smell was too much for me. Even so, I continued using it for about a week and nothing. The cysts are still there.
I popped a zit (I never learn) and became inflamed and it left a little hole so I put neosporin on it. By the next day, most of the redness was gone. I also applied it to my cyst and it helped with the redness. It's still red but not as bad so I will be using neosporin whenever I get inflammation.

Light Dermarolling for product penatration

Oh, I dermarolled again today but very lightly. I don't have a smaller roller only the 1.5mm so that's what I used but it was super light. I just wanted something to help with product penetration. I seemed to have some extra wrinkles in my smile line (only on one side) and my face looks a little lopsided. I haven't had much luck with dermarolling wrinkles away but it doesn't hurt to keep trying.

Anyway, to get back to what I was talking about before, Tea Tree Oil has not helped my cystic acne. Maybe it will help yours. Doesn't hurt to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment