Monday, June 17, 2013

Do hot compresses really help Cystic Acne?

Apple Cider Vinegar works

As you all know, I have recently started using Apple Cider Vinegar to get rid of my cystic acne. It totally works (look at my before and after pictures)on hard cysts! I got another cyst on my chin and it was BIG! I applied ACV twice the first day (undiluted) and woke up the next morning with a little bump. I applied some more the next night and I woke up with nothing! NADA! It was gone. Then I got another cyst on the bridge of my nose so I applied ACV and guess what!?! 2 days later it was gone. It takes 2 days for it to work on me which is fine. Sometimes those things would stick around for a month or more AND they'd scar! None of these new cysts with the short life span has scarred (what I mean by scarred is indented scars). I do have some red marks left on the bridge of my nose and the other 3 cysts I had before also left red marks but they aren't bad.

Do hot compresses work on cystic acne?

I have one cyst that is fleshy and unlike any cyst I have ever had. It's very soft but there's nothing inside of it and it won't go away. ACV helped shrink it ALOT but there's a little bump AND it's very red. I decided to try a home remedy I read about online: hot compresses supposedly help break up the material inside the cysts.
Well, THAT did not work at all! All it did was make me look like a clown. I started off with warm water because I read that hot water could cause bacteria to multiply. Who knows but I didn't want to take the chance. The warm compresses weren't working (I tried it for 2 days). So, I decided to warm up the water a little more and boy was that a BIG mistake. My whole face turned red.
Look at the picture! ALL that redness wasn't there until I applied the hot compress so please be careful! Luckily, 3 hours later the redness went away but what a pain in the butt! And I had to go out looking like that!
cystic acne and hot compresses


Honestly, I don't think warm or hot compresses work to break up the stuff inside the cyst. It sure didn't work for me! I won't be trying that again! If you try it, then do it when you don't have to leave your house that way if it turns out the way mine did you could at least wait it out until the redness goes away.

I so desperately want that fleshy cyst to go away (it's the dark red mark) so that I can finally dermaroll that side of my face. If anybody has any suggestions on what I can do, please message me or post a comment with advice!

5 comments:

  1. I use the warm compress before bed, and just make sure it's not too hot. I follow with a tea tree serum that's antibacterial and dries the acne, while providing nutrition to my skin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a rice bag heated in the microwave (it's made for heat therapy) I use it on my cysts in a day that I'm off for a couple of hours. It doesn't get rid of them, but it brings them to the surface, where I can attack them with a lactic peel and salicylic face wash

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a rice bag heated in the microwave (it's made for heat therapy) I use it on my cysts in a day that I'm off for a couple of hours. It doesn't get rid of them, but it brings them to the surface, where I can attack them with a lactic peel and salicylic face wash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some off reason, comments where not showing up so I have just seen this! Thank you for the advice! I will definitely give it a try the next time I get a cyst!

      Delete