Saturday, July 13, 2013

Peels...are they good for your skin?

Recently, I decided to get a facial. A peel was included with the facial. Got the peel and guess what happened to me!?! I broke out in 6 cysts and now have non cystic acne where I have never gotten them before (jawline, and forehead). My husband said it's a coincidence but I don't know. It's strange that I got this acne after my peel. I have waited a month and they haven't gone away.
I am serisously thinking I got the acne from the peel but I don't know for sure. I have decided to get another peel to see if that is what is causing my acne. If I break out more, then I know where the acne came from.
I recently gave up dairy and switch to Almond milk. This was around the same time I got my peel so I thought it was the Almond milk that made me break out. I have given up Almond milk and I am now drinking soy milk.
I know we all react differently to certain things so something that makes one person break out will not affect someone else but I am going to test out my peel theory (it's not like my skin is perfect anyway so a few more zits isn't going to make a difference) and post an update. I'll let you know how it turns out. Hopefully I am wrong and I won't break out again. I get my facial with a peel on Monday. Wish me Luck!

The update to this horrendous story has been posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment